News from Paris

Fredrik Pleijel pleijel at mnhn.fr
Wed Oct 20 14:27:34 EST 2004

Dear worm colleagues,

A few news from Paris. First there is recent publication out on the
types in the polychaete collection:

Solìs Weiss V, Bertrand Y, Helléouet M-N, Pleijel F. 2004. Types of
polychaetous annelids at the Muséum national d'Histoire naturelle,
Paris. Zoosystema 26:377–384.

It includes a list (in the appendix) of all the (currently recognized)
polychaete types, and can be downloaded without cost at:

http://www.mnhn.fr/museum/foffice/science/science/DocScientifique/
publications/presentation/publicationVP.xsp?
PUBLICATION_ID=2&idx=27&nav=publication

You can now also search the type collection online at:

http://www.mnhn.fr/museum/foffice/science/science/ColEtBd/
bdCollections/bdCollections/catalogue.xsp? SIGLE=polychetes&idx=9&nav=liste

Enjoy - it's a lot of work by many people behind that information!

Further, in a couple of weeks I'm leaving Paris and moving back to  Sweden,
same address as I use to have:

Tjärnö Marine Biological Laboratory
Department of Marine Ecology
Göteborg University
SE-452 96 Strömstad
Sweden
e-mail fredrik.pleijel at tmbl.gu.se

It is likely, but not officially decided at this point, that Guy  Boucher and
Marie-Noëlle Helléouet will take over the curatorial  responsabilities for the
annelids. Queries for loans etc should be  addressed to Marie-Noëlle
(hopefully she will be better than I was to  send out specimens!):

Mme Marie-Noëlle Helléouet
Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle
Département Milieux et Peuplements aquatiques
USM 0401, BOME, CNRS UMR 8044
61 rue Buffon
F-75231 Paris cedex 05 (France)
e-mail meiofaun at cimrs1.mnhn.fr

Try to write in French, or at least write a simple English, and you are  much
more likely to get help from her! And also it could be a good idea  to wait a
month till she has become officially responsible.

Best from Fredrik

______________________________________
Fredrik Pleijel
Muséum national d'Histoire naturelle