Annelida: Meetings et al

Brendan 'Chip' Barrett brendan.barrett at nuigalway.ie
Fri Sep 3 15:55:45 EST 2004

Hello All,

Although I have only been to the last two conferences, this is clearly an
essential forum for polychaete researchers worldwide. I mentioned to the
organizers in Madrid an idea of providing a CD-ROM of the posters after the
conference so that the work is immediately available. However, I see it as a
voluntary process. Those posters that are of taxonomic importance would have
to be treated in such a way that the names were not introduced or that work
in progress is not compromised by releasing it prematurely. That said, it
would take some of the pressure off participants that feel they must rush
through the viewing process and let them discuss the work with the knowledge
that the poster would be available for further review after the heat of the
conference. Anything that makes the dissemination of the material and
promotes further communications is, I feel, a positive step for our
everyone.

On another topic, I am interested in doing some molecular work on Amphinomid
genera, particularly _Paramphinome_ and the other "small-bodied" genera. If
there is anyone that has alcohol preserved material that they would be
willing to let me use, I would be very appreciative. In return, I am making
collections along the shoreline of Galway Bay and as many places along the
west coast of Ireland that might be of use to others. I am preserving them
in alcohol so if anyone is interested, please contact me.

Thank you,

Chip

Brendan M. "Chip" Barrett
Benthos Research Group