Annelid Resources website Re: Annelida: Meetings et al

Geoff Read at
Sat Sep 4 03:45:50 EST 2004

Hi Kirk and everybody,

> What about a Polychaetology Society web site, where meeting abstracts,
> posters (for willing authors), pdf's, etc., could be made available?

It does seem a little odd that there is no official page for our group. My
efforts to provide the info have always been independent of the Association,
and I can say it's been a struggle to get that info. I haven't bothered much
recently - (brick walls and heads). Nevertheless ...

Information on the International Polychaetology Association, along with
information on all meetings from France 1992 to Maine 2007 is available at:

Abstracts are there from the three conferences prior to the last (The Iceland
conference is there as a large PDF supplied by Elin - best saved to disk

I will put the Madrid abstracts up if made available. The IPA council details
are totally out of date. Perhaps the new management could send me those also.
Please go to the website for the "Annelid Resources" pages
now. This is aliased to, whichever is easiest to use. The
pages at the old site ( ) are
not maintained any longer.

I regret Annelid Resources hasn't received much work on it lately - partly
because my employers provide plenty of activity for my work hours at Niwa -
but it's still there after 8 years of being online, and is open to
contributions of pages - possibly including an 'official' Polychaetology
Association website area if wanted.  Like the polychaete journal it has been a
long time coming.

Geoff Read

  Geoff Read < at>