Benthos-sewage raw data needed

Salvador Herrando salherra at ono.com
Mon Sep 6 14:56:50 EST 2004

Dear Colleagues,

In September-October 2004, I am lecturing a 1 month intensive postgraduate
course on multivariate ordination methods applied to diversity research at the
Mexican Research Institution ECOSUR (www.ecosur-qroo.mx).

For the latter course, I am gathering raw data sets from papers published in
the international literature and on the topics each of my students is working
which range from benthic ecology through forest succession to bird
conservation. Now, one of my students is working on marine macrobenthic
Mexico). I would like to enquire whether any benthic  researcher would be
willing to lend some raw data set to be used during this course, so that my
student can do some practical exercises on real data. If so, excel files are
the ideal format, while please accompany the data set with a copy or,
preferably if available, a pdf file of the paper in which the data was used.
Data sets combining species distribution and environmental data would be the
best to have.

The data would indeed be used only for the academic purposes of the course and
I will be happy to provide you with any further information about the course
or you may wish to contact the ECOSUR postgraduate coordinator (Dr Sophie
Calmé, scalme at ecosur-qroo.mx).

Thanks in advance for your support.
Kind regards,

Salvador Herrando-Pérez MPhil. BSc.
Freelance aquatic researcher
C/ Padre Jofre 19, piso 3, pta 7
12006 Castellón de la Plana, SPAIN
Telephones +34 964038845 / +34 657787340
salherra at ono.com / salherra at ull.es