Foster RE: Freshwater polychaeta

Geoff Read g.read at niwa.co.nz
Sun Sep 19 20:03:06 EST 2004

The Nancy Foster booklet I have seen often enough advertised by bookdealers,
and intend to buy a copy one day. I hadn't realised until Mary pointed it out
that it wasn't in Ward & Fauchald.

The most comprehensive citation I can arrive at that assigns the multiple
corporate relationships is:

Foster, N. (1972). Freshwater polychaetes (Annelida) of North America. Biota
of freshwater ecosystems identification manual. Water pollution control
research series 4. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency ; for sale by the
Supt. of Docs. U.S. Govt. Print. Off., Washington. 1-15 p. (Prepared by the
Oceanography and Limnology Program, Smithsonian Institution, for the
Environmental Protection Agency under contract no. 14-12-894).

There is also:

Klemm, D.J. (1985). Freshwater Polychaeta (Annelida). In: Klemm, D.J. (ed.). A
guide to the freshwater Annelida (Polychaeta, naidid and tubificid
Oligochaeta, and Hirudinea) of North America., pp. i-xiii, 1-198. Chapter
Pagination: 114-123, illustr. Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company, Dubuque, Iowa,

I'm not absolutely sure Klemm is the author of the chapter.

  Geoff Read <g.read at niwa.co.nz>
  http://www.annelida.net/