Regenerating Heads!

B Paavo paavo at
Tue Mar 1 13:52:31 EST 2005

Aloha All,

I apologise in advance for my ignorance, but while processing some subtidal
sand samples I wasn't surprised to see big Oweniid heads regenerating tails,
but I was shocked to see tails regenerating heads!  I have since found out
about Greg Rouse's Proscoloplos bondi doing the same trick.  How widespread is
this phenomenon?  I would have suspected it limited and related to a somewhat
primitive Oweniid nervous system.  Pic available at this url: