Annelida list - Instructions - Please save

Geoff Read g.read at niwa.co.nz
Tue Mar 8 22:44:45 EST 2005

Hi all,

Annelida list, an email discussion list for people interested in research on
segmented worms and allied organisms, has been running since November 1995. It
moved to a different host site in 1999, and there are a few legacies of the
old Biosci network that no one has bothered to change. Here is a brief
reminder of how things work currently. Please save this message for future
reference.

Use the list freely to send news items, ask questions, and discuss current
issues, and please encourage others to sign on (forward this message).

Send public messages to annelida at net.bio.net (same as annelida at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
but easier to remember). Do not send list messages to me. Do not send files as
attachments - automatic filters will simply delete them. This is slightly old-
fashioned you may think, but usually plain text is sufficient.  Use webpages
or reader-response to make available your PDFs of papers, photos, etc.   You
do not need to be subscribed to send a message to the list. List archives are
at: http://www.bio.net/hypermail/annelida/ and there is a good search
facility.

Annelida list is moderated by me, Geoff Read.  I read the messages first, then
release them to the list.  I live in Wellington, New Zealand, and work as a
taxonomist/biologist for NIWA, a government-funded research institute
alongside Wellington Harbour.  Because I am not awake and at my keyboard 24/7,
those well outside my timezone may sometimes experience a few hours delay
before messages are circulated.

Annelida subscribing and unsubscribing is handled automatically by computer
software which responds to your commands sent in an email to it. You can still
send list commands to <biosci-server at net.bio.net>, but this is an alias for:
<majordomo at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk>

Send "help" in the body of the message to that address (do not put anything in
the subjectline box) and you will get back a list of instructions.

Send "subscribe annelida" in the body of the message to that address and you
will get back a message asking for confirmation. You then send back the line
of text as requested.

Send "unsubscribe annelida" in the body of the message to that address. You
should get back a message that your unsubscribe has succeeded.

address from another address.  You may receive further instructions.

Contact me with your list subscription problem as absolute last resort!

Best,

  Geoff Read <g.read at niwa.co.nz>
  http://www.annelida.net/