Largest and smallest annelids

Craig McClain mcclainc at
Thu Mar 17 14:26:24 EST 2005

I am currently developing a chapter on patterns of body size for marine
invertebrates for upcoming volume on patterns of body size.  I am trying to
get the range of body sizes in classes and phyla.  Given this I was hoping
someone could give me some help in identifying the largest and smallest
species in Annelida (hopefully by class).  Any info. you could supply _with
references_ would be appreciated.  Please feel free to forward this message
along to others. Information about other phyla is welcome also.

Craig R. McClain, Ph.D.
Department of Biology
University of New Mexico
MSC03 2020