[Annelida] Earthworms predators

Geoff Read via annelida%40net.bio.net (by g.read At niwa.co.nz)
Tue Dec 12 14:29:09 EST 2006

Benjamin Turquet wrote:
> I'm a french journalist working on a TV documentary project about worms. A
> large part of this documentary will be about earthworms; I've a question
> about them and i told to myself that maybe one of you could help me.
> Would you know which animal species have special behaviour related to
> earthworms predation? Such as animal tapping their feet to make the
> earthworm show up?

This animal is rather good at worm predation:

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/04/14/State/Gruntin__and_gatherin.shtml

There are some more stories on this in The Atlantic Monthly; March 1999,
but online access is no longer free.

Also maybe cluster flies, Pollenia rudis, etc, life cycle would be of
interest?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluster_fly  and lots more in Google

   Geoff Read <g.read At niwa.co.nz>
    http://www.annelida.net/