[Annelida] Polychaete identification guides for NSW

Mary E. Petersen via annelida%40net.bio.net (by mepetersen at maine.edu)
Thu Oct 5 14:42:59 EST 2006

Dear Matt,

See the following resources:

POLYCHAETES An Interactive Identification Guide, RS Wilson, PA Hutchings, CJ
Glasby, (Eds).
This easy-to-use CD-ROM contains an interactive key to all families and
genera plus
more than 1200 Australian species. See www.publish.csiro.au
<http://www.publish.csiro.au/>   for details.

Rouse, G.W. (2000). Terebellida. pp. 201-202 in Beesley, P.L., Ross, G.J.B.
& Glasby, C.J. (eds) Polychaetes & Allies: The Southern Synthesis. Fauna of
Australia. Vol. 4A. Polychaeta, Myzostomida, Pogonophora, Echiura,
Sipuncula. Melbourne : CSIRO Publishing xii 465 pp.

Visit the Australian Museum on-line at http://www.austmus.gov.au

http://www.deh.gov.au/cgi-bin/abrs/fauna/tree.pl?pstrVol=POLYCHAETA
<http://www.deh.gov.au/cgi-bin/abrs/fauna/tree.pl?pstrVol=POLYCHAETA&pintMod
e=1> &pintMode=1

Checklist for POLYCHAETA Claparède, 1864
Just released the Catalogue of Australian Polychaetes- an update of Day and
Hutchings (1979). You can find it at:

http://www.ea.gov.au/biodiversity/abrs/abif/fauna/afd/frames/chcklist.html

Dr. Mary E. Petersen
Scholar in Residence, Polychaeta
Darling Marine Center, University of Maine
193 Clark's Cove Road
Walpole, ME 04573-3307, USA

E-mail: mepetersen at maine.edu
Tel. DMC: +1-207-563-3146 x 222