[Annelida] Request for demonstrators

Tim Worsfold via annelida%40net.bio.net (by TimWorsfold from unicomarine.com)
Tue Dec 18 06:11:49 EST 2007

Dear All,

The National Marine Biological Quality Control (NMBAQC; www.nmbaqcs.org
<http://www.nmbaqcs.org/> ) Scheme will host its next identification
workshop in November 2008.  We are always looking for people with
expertise in annelid families to present identification guides (for UK -
north European - spp.).

Keys (some of which can be downloaded from the Scheme's website) have
previously been presented for Maldanidae, Syllidae, Glyceridae,
Goniadidae, Cirratulidae and Lumbrineridae.  Presentations would be
welcome for almost any other family, as well as updates for previously
covered groups, where there is new identification information (not in
the most widely used guides) to be circulated. Families that would be
particularly useful include Polynoidae, Sphaerodoridae, Nereidae,
Nephtyidae, Onuphidae, Eunicidae, Paraonidae, Spionidae, Ampharetidae,
Terebellidae and Sabellidae.

The Scheme would fund travel and attendance time at the workshop and
limited preparation time.  We would be pleased to hear from anyone who
might be interested.

Tim Worsfold,

David Hall