[Annelida] low-salinity/brackish water Nereids in FLA

Scott Jones via annelida%40net.bio.net (by msjoneser from gmail.com)
Mon Feb 12 14:42:31 EST 2007

  I am looking for someone to help verify a specimen that I believe is
culveri (Webster). It is a low-salinity/brackish water Nereid that occurs in
the North Fork of the St. Lucie Estuary in Florida.  These specimens are
nearly always collected at a site that exhibits 1-2 ppt salinity.

  I can mail specimens in alcohol or provide descriptions and digital

Scott Jones
Benthic Ecology Research Assistant
Smithsonian Marine Station, Fort Pierce
jonesms from si.edu