[Annelida] NHMLAC temporary collection closure

Leslie Harris via annelida%40net.bio.net (by lharris At nhm.org)
Thu Jan 11 17:50:36 EST 2007

Annelideans –

Our museum, the Natural History Museum of Los
Angeles County, has started a major renovation to
the oldest portion built in 1913.  Unfortunately
this section includes the polychaete offices and
collection areas.  Although there will be minimal
work within our areas we will be affected quite a
bit by noise & vibration caused by drilling
within the adjacent walls.  Kirk and I will soon
be moving into a trailer and the collection
shelves will be boarded up to protect the
contents during construction.  The project is
estimated to last about 2 years and we will be in
the trailer for at least one year (or so we’re told).

At this point we don’t know if the collections
will be inaccessible for just a few months or
longer.   Obviously there will be no outgoing
loans during active construction in the
area.  Access may be restored prior to the end of
the project.  We will have room for visitors in
our spacious trailer home.  Please contact me as
soon as possible if anyone intends to visit or
needs to borrow material during the next year or so.

All the best, Leslie

Leslie H. Harris
Collection Manager,
LACM-Allan Hancock Foundation Polychaete Collection     tel: 213) 763-3234
Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County            fax: 213) 746-2999
900 Exposition
Boulevard                                                email: lharris At nhm.org
Los Angeles, California 90007 U.S.A.
website: http://www.nhm.org/research/annelida/index.html
http://www.nhm.org/guana/bvi-invt/home.htm