[Annelida] rag worms or nereis diversicolor question

FJdy4 At cs.com via annelida%40net.bio.net (by FJdy4 At cs.com)
Fri Jan 12 18:37:55 EST 2007

Hediste diversicolor is an intertidal, shallow water species, quite small.
We did keep the related Neanthes virens, a much larger species, in a salt water
aquarium and they did very well, taking food readily but seldom leaving the
substrate.  Two of them lived long enough to spawn unfertilized eggs and then
wasted away as 'ghosts.'
Other nereid species have been kept and bred in captivity,

Judth Fournier
Canadian Museum of Nature (retired)

In a message dated 12/01/2007 3:36:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,