[Annelida] [Fwd: Spionidae versus Spiodea]

Geoff Read via annelida%40net.bio.net (by g.read At niwa.co.nz)
Thu Jan 18 00:14:58 EST 2007

Vasily Radashevsky <radashevsky At mail.ru> wrote:
>             The question is What is the nominal genus for Spionidae and
> whether we use correct combination of the name and the author?
>             I'm curious for solution (which might be very simple)!

I've looked (quickly) and I suspect both are not simple problems (I
could be mistaken, but it seems Vasily may think so also).

Since one of the solutions allowed under the Code is to refer the matter
to the ICZN the next step might be for Vasily to write up the problem as
if it was an application to the Commission. Much more detail is
required. He could then post his document to the list or to those most
interested, where we could evaluate it. If we can reach a consensus, or
the solution is logically obvious to Vasily once all the detail is
clear, then we/he need not trouble the Commission (they are not known
for their rapid decision making).

   Geoff Read <g.read At niwa.co.nz>
    http://www.annelida.net/
    http://www.niwascience.co.nz/ncabb/