[Annelida] Pista dibranchis Gibbs, 1971 or Scionella dibranchis (Gibbs, 1971) ?

Karlen, David via annelida%40net.bio.net (by Karlen from epchc.org)
Fri Jul 20 00:33:30 EST 2007

Hi fellow worm folk,

Does anyone know what the current status of Pista dibranchis Gibbs, 1971 is? I have a terebellid from Papua New Guinea which matches Gibbs' original description from the Solomon Islands. According to Zoological Records, this species was placed in Scionella by Hothe (1986), but it is not mentioned in Saphronova's review of this genus (1991). I have come across several web pages that have it listed as P. dibranchis and I was wondering which name is currently valid. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dave Karlen

P.S. See you in Portland!

David J. Karlen, General Manager I

Benthic Monitoring Section Supervisor

Environmental Resources Management Division

Environmental Protection Commission of Hillsborough County

3629 Queen Palm Drive

Tampa, FL  33619-1309

Phone: (813) 627-2600 x1202 (office); x1200 (lab)

Fax: (813) 272-5157

Email: karlen from epchc.org