[Annelida] Validity of Capitella jonesi vs. Capitellides jonesi

Mary E. Petersen via annelida%40net.bio.net (by mepetersen from maine.edu)
Fri Jul 27 22:18:29 EST 2007

Correction:
I overlooked that I had lost the last letter. The correct spelling of the
species name should of course be Capitella jonesi (Hartman, 1959).

Mary

  _____

From: annelida-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu
[mailto:annelida-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] On Behalf Of Mary E. Petersen
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 8:12 PM
To: 'James Blake'; gillett from vims.edu
Cc: annelida from magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Subject: RE: [Annelida] Validity of Capitella jonesi vs. Capitellides jonesi

Not quite:

When the species is moved to Capitella it is in a changed combination, so
the correct form would be Capitella jones (Hartman, 1959). Without the
parentheses it would look like the original description of a species jonesi
in the genus Capitella, which would give problems.

Mary

  _____