[Annelida] Repeat news: Proceedings VIII IPC

Geoff Read via annelida%40net.bio.net (by g.read from niwa.co.nz)
Wed Mar 14 19:12:47 EST 2007

Hello Annelida members,

Belts and braces. Here is a repeat of Rafael Sarda's two messages,
because there have been reports some didn't receive the first. I have
included the contents pdf. The messages are also in the web archive:

http://www.bio.net/bionet/mm/annelida/2007-March/thread.html

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: [Annelida] Proceedings VIII IPC
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 16:02:12 +0100
From: Rafael Sarda <sarda from ceab.csic.es>
To:  <annelida from magpie.bio.indiana.edu>

Dear folks:

It is a pleasure for me, as part of the editorial board, to announce
that the Proceedings of the VIII IPC will be distributed during this
month. In the coming days you will be also able to enter in the web page
of Scientia Marina and download pdf's of the papers. Just for your
records, I am sending, attached to this e-mail, a pdf of the initial
pages of the book.

  We finally had a three months delay in the distribution of this work,
sorry about that. However, as it was promised, the book, and
consequently its enclosed papers, has date of 2006.

  From the editorial board, it has been a pleasure to work with all the
people that contributed to the book. For all of those for which it was
not possible to include their papers in the Proceedings, we hope that
the revisions help to you to rework those papers and published in other
journals. I know personally the feeling but it is just a part of our
work as a scientists.

  Finally, I want to use this platform, to encourage you to go to
Portland, Maine, in August, for the next IPC. I have been there several
times and, really, it is a fantastic place with a lot of possibilities
to travel around and to see a wonderful natural territory (the Acadia
and Baxter Parks, the northern regions, Casco Bay,...) as well as to
have the opportunity to taste many seafood delicatessen, and... of
course to share our research and see each other again. I will bring my
kids there as I did in Iceland... time goes but research last forever.
See you then.

My best wishes from Spain,

Rafa Sardá