[Annelida] benthofauna resistance

Víctor Aramayo via annelida%40net.bio.net (by procesoecologico from yahoo.com)
Fri Aug 1 17:32:50 EST 2008

Good day,

I would to know if someone of you has reported alive (macro and/o  meiofauna) organisms in  samples obtained a lot of time ago behind. I do not refer to the tolerance (I have found high levels of tolerance to formaldehide and others chemical reagents) but to the long-time (years) tolerance. For example, I have found recently some alive specimens of nematodes and marine mites that were captured in 2006, 2004, etc. I have assured me that there should no be contamination o mistake of processing .

Probably someone of you has had this type of experience to compare

Thanks in advance

--Víctor Aramayo