[Annelida] Polychaetes in J Nat Hist

Geoff Read via annelida%40net.bio.net (by g.read from niwa.co.nz)
Tue Aug 19 16:27:56 EST 2008

FYI

A recently released August issue of Journal of Natural History has
three polychaete taxonomy papers, each of which I found most interesting
to dip into (if I only had more time ...) and cover more than 'just
taxonomy' if you are a non-taxonomist.

http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/title~content=g901694091

Çinar, M. E. 2008:  Description of a new fireworm, Eurythoe turcica sp.
nov. (Polychaeta: Amphinomidae), from the Levantine coast of Turkey
(eastern Mediterranean), with re-descriptions of Eurythoe
parvecarunculata Horst and Amphinome djiboutiensis Gravier based on type
material.  Journal of Natural History 42(29): 1975 - 1990.

López, E. ; Rodríguez, C. T. 2008:  A new species of Fabricinuda
Fitzhugh, 1990 (Fabriciinae: Sabellidae: Polychaeta) from the Caribbean,
with an emendation of the genus.  Journal of Natural History 42(29):
1937-1949.

Tovar-Hernández, M. A. ; Salazar-Vallejo, S. I. 2008:  Caruncle in
Megalomma Johansson, 1925 (Polychaeta: Sabellidae) and the description
of a new species from the Eastern Tropical Pacific.  Journal of Natural
History 42(29): 1951 - 1973.

 Geoff Read <g.read from niwa.co.nz>
   http://www.annelida.net/
  http://www.niwascience.co.nz/ncabb/