[Annelida] Swarming 'worm'

dfiege via annelida%40net.bio.net (by Dieter.Fiege from senckenberg.de)
Fri Nov 28 04:55:52 EST 2008

Hi all,

that sounds interesting and it does indeed look like an enteropneust.

There is a reference to a swarming enteropneust, Glandiceps hacksi
(Marion, 1885) at

taken from Brusca & Brusca (1990).

There is another hint to Indo-Pacific species of the genus Glandiceps
that leave the bottom and swim actively at the surface by Dawydoff
(1966: 448/9) in the Traité de Zoologie Tome XI. He refers to Ikeda but
there is unfortunately no reference given. Could it be this one:
seems to be in Japanese, available online but not for free.