[Annelida] ecological information request

Salvador Herrando-Perez via annelida%40net.bio.net (by salvador.herrando-perez from adelaide.edu.au)
Thu Oct 23 16:56:33 EST 2008

Sara, I guess that if the disturbance source is severe enough, grouping your species at the genus level, or even family, will not affect much community patterns if that is what you are looking at. It is not clear from your message what your research question/hypothesis/aim is... A number of key papers on taxonomic surrogates would indeed support higher-level taxonomic groupings, if that is what you are after I could provide you with some of this literature… Salva

-----Original Message-----
From: annelida-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu [mailto:annelida-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] On Behalf Of Sara Marzialetti
Sent: 23 October 2008 23:46
To: annelida from magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Subject: [Annelida] ecological information request

Hallo dear Colleagues,

I am analysing data from a long term environmental impact study and I

suspect that some of the species recorded in time were confused with

morphologically similar ones by different taxonomists. Therefore, I would

like to find out to what extent  these diverse identifications changed the

interpretation of the population ecology.

I am looking for information on the ecology of the following species, which

I cannot locate in the bibliography that I have.

I would be very grateful if you could help me with it.

Could you also, if possible, list the source of the information?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Sara Marzialetti

Aricidea fragilis mediterranea