[Annelida] Ficopomatus enigmaticus / Gulf of Mexico

Geoff Read via annelida%40net.bio.net (by g.read from niwa.co.nz)
Wed Apr 1 23:03:01 EST 2009

Hi all,

I was wondering - are there any non-anecdotal published records for Ficopomatus enigmaticus establishing in the Gulf of Mexico? I know of the boat hull occurrence reported in ten Hove and Weerdenburg, 1978, but vessels may come from afar and soon leave, or they may be resident, so this record is somewhat uncertain, whereas Ficopomatus miamiensis is apparently the widespread native species of this region.

Thanks for any pointers.

 Geoff Read <g.read from niwa.co.nz>
  http://www.annelida.net/
  http://www.niwascience.co.nz/ncabb/