[Annelida] Ficopomatus enigmaticus / Gulf of Mexico

Geoff Read via annelida%40net.bio.net (by g.read from niwa.co.nz)
Tue Apr 14 16:50:13 EST 2009

Hi,

Individuals have privately reported 1st hand or 2nd hand observations of isolated occurrences to me and there is apparently another Harry ten Hove record from GOM in an article  I haven't been able to assess. However, I haven't received reports of ongoing typical successful colonies (of which for the Americas Elkhorn Slough and Mar Chiquita populations are examples), and indeed one nearby correspondent seems confident there aren't any.  Further enlightenment on this topic is invited.

Geoff

--

 Geoff Read <g.read from niwa.co.nz>
  http://www.annelida.net/