[Annelida] (Fwd) Ceylon Pearl Oyster Fisheries material

Geoff Read via annelida%40net.bio.net (by g.read from niwa.co.nz)
Mon Apr 20 15:25:27 EST 2009

Hi all,

A mischievous pragmatist promptly suggested 'nowhere' was the location of this material, but let us explore the possibilities.
 I make the obvious suggestion; feel free to correct me.

Arthur Willey was director of the Colombo Museum, Ceylon/Sri Lanka at the time of publication. That institute still exists.

It has invertebrates, including "... a representative collection of polychetes - about 2,000 specimens."

Interesting for sure! Worth investigating Nechama!  Contact details are at the web site, and the zoology section is:

http://www.museum.gov.lk/divisions-science-Zoology.php

Note that species epithets "zeylanicus" etc  refer to native fauna of Ceylon, and not Zeeland, or (Nieuw) Zeeland where I live.

Cheers,

--

 Geoff Read <g.read from niwa.co.nz>
  http://www.annelida.net/