[Annelida] Adobe 8 bug fix Re Biodiverity Heritage Library files

Geoff Read via annelida%40net.bio.net (by g.read from niwa.co.nz)
Sat Apr 25 02:34:04 EST 2009

Hi folks,

A follow-up re OCR problems in Adobe. The bug I described in Acrobat 8 Professional is the "Contains Renderable Text" error message that prevents OCR of certain files. If it occurs for you see this page for why it happens, and a work-around (not practical for large files):

http://acrobatsupport.com/document-contains-renderable-text/

It is apparently mostly fixed in a Acrobat 8.1 Update:

http://blogs.adobe.com/acrolaw/2007/06/acrobat_81_update_fix_for_render.html

and there are later updates.

Geoff

--