[Annelida] Reference request

James Blake via annelida%40net.bio.net (by jablake9 from gmail.com)
Mon Aug 10 20:59:43 EST 2009

I too have a copy of Kirtley's book and on the inside there is the following
information:

SABECON Press--Science Series
P.O. Box 2713
Vero Beach, Florida 32961-2713
Phone: 407-567-4417 - FAX 407-778-2716
Price US $61.50 per copy plus postage

I suggest that an inquiry be made here. Try the FAX.  According David
Kirtley's notes, there were an initial 1000 copies printed. I suggest that
some are still around.

Jim Blake

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 9:27 PM, Geoff Read <g.read from niwa.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi Bryony & all,
>
> Well that is a surprise. Even the UK Natural History Museum Library doesn't
> have Kirtley's book in the online catalogue, and I couldn't see any second
> hand copies today online. In worldcat the nearest holding library to you
> appears to be in the Netherlands (http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/31852807).
> It was privately published by the author and David Kirtley is no longer
> with us as you probably know. It will be still in copyright obviously & is
> before the pdf era arrived. However, a number of polychaete workers will
> have personal copies. Maybe someone in the UK could loan their hard copy to
> you?
>
> Not much advice beyond those suggestions. Sorry.
>
> Geoff

> wrote:
> > Dear All,
> [...]
> > The other is a book which no one seems to have in stock, including the
> > British Library;
> >
> > Kirtley, 1994. A review and taxonomic revision of the family
> > Sabellariidae johnston 1865 (Annelida: Polychaeta) Sabecon Press Science
> > Series Vol 1. Florida 223pp.
> >
> > If anyone has electronic copies of these or has any idea where I might
> > locate them it would be much appreciated!!
> --
>
>  Geoff Read <g.read from niwa.co.nz>
>  http://www.annelida.net/
>  http://www.niwa.co.nz/about-niwa