[Annelida] Swima the swimmer]

J. Kirk Fitzhugh via annelida%40net.bio.net (by kfitzhugh from nhm.org)
Sat Aug 22 16:15:29 EST 2009

The phylogenetic hypotheses are only 'solid' insofar as they explain a
limited set of sequence data. Given that the authors must know they are
actively avoiding considering all sorts of other relevant data that are
in need of being explained in the same context, e.g. the setae as Jim
Blake noted, and the use of Bayes Theorem is not meant for the inference
of hypotheses, then Torsten's endorsement is ill-founded at best.

But then, let's not quibble with the fine points of doing good science -
it's more important to impose blind acceptance of methods by even more
blind endorsement.

Kirk