[Annelida] Dried material

Daniel Martin via annelida%40net.bio.net (by dani from ceab.csic.es)
Wed Feb 25 03:42:47 EST 2009

Dear Elena and worm lovers,

A colleague working with insects told me that a good method to rehydrate
dried samples consists on using a few drops (or even only one, depending
on the size of the animal) of a common dish washing soap mixed with
distilled water. The sample must be monitored very close, as the soap
may destroy the most delicate tissues. I have not yet used that method,
although I will try soon, as I also have an old, dried sample and the OK
from the museum curator.

I will let you know the results as soon as done, but if you decide to
try first, please, share the results too ;-) .

Wormly,

Dani.

--
Dr. Daniel Martin

Scientific Researcher
Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas (CSIC)

Director
Centre d'Estudis Avancats de Blanes (CEAB)

-> Carrer d'acces a la Cala Sant Francesc 14
-> 17300 Blanes (Girona), Catalunya (Spain)
-> Tel: (34) 972336101
-> Fax: (34) 972337806
-> WWW Institutional: http://www.ceab.csic.es
-> WWW Personal:      http://www.ceab.csic.es/~dani/