[Annelida] Sorensen's Buffer recipe

Anja Schulze via annelida%40net.bio.net (by schulzea from tamug.edu)
Mon Jul 6 16:20:48 EST 2009

Hi Lizbeth,

In case you cannot find the reference, this is the protocol that I use. It will make 500 ml of 0.2 M buffer, pH 7.4. Very simple.

Reagents:
Sodium phosphate monobasic (NaH2PO4 * H2O)
Sodium phosphate dibasic (Na2HPO4)

Mix 100 ml 0.1M sodium phosphate monobasic with 400 ml of 0.1M sodium phosphate dibasic. Store at 4º C.

Reference: Clark, G., W. J. Dougherty, and F. H. Kasten. 1981. General Methods, pp 1-103 in Clark, G. (ed.) Staining procedures. Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore.

Good luck!

Anja Schulze, Ph.D
Assistant Professor
Department of Marine Biology