[Annelida] some terebellids... a cry for help

Joao Miguel de Matos Nogueira via annelida%40net.bio.net (by nogueira from ib.usp.br)
Thu Jun 4 21:59:02 EST 2009

Dear annelideans
Hi, I am doing a review on Terebellide with Pat Hutchings and we are having
some problems to get material of some poorly know genera.
We have studied material of most taxa of the group and most of the few ones
missing will be analysed soon.
However there are two genera for which we do not have any hope of getting
material and so I am writing to ask if someone from the type localities of
the type species (and only know species) of these genera could help us.
These genera are Spiroverma (described by Uchida; type locality in Japan;
Eijiroh, please, could you help us? Lena, please, could you help us, now
that you are there?) and Colimmatops (is there someone from eastern Africa
who could help us?).
I know about the problems many museums in the world have with sending
material to Brazil (and I must say that now it is safe to send material to
Brazil, there is just a little bit of work to do), but I will be in Los
Angeles from July to the end of September and so, if you could send some
material to Leslie Harris, wewould be very grateful and, for sure, we will
acknowledge that in the paper.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Best wishes for all
João Nogueira