[Annelida] material of Pseudothelepus oligocirrus

Geoff Read via annelida%40net.bio.net (by g.read from niwa.co.nz)
Thu Jun 18 15:21:20 EST 2009

Hi,

Some Schmarda types are in Naturhistorisches Museum, Vienna, Austria

See also Augener, who mentions the S. oligocirra type, though I do not
know in what context.

Augener, H. (1925) Über westindische und einige andere
Polychaeten-Typen von Grube (Oersted), Kroyer, Morch und Schmarda.
Publikationer fra Universitetets Zoologiske Museum Kobenhavn, 39, 1-47.

Cheers,

Geoff

>>> "Joao Miguel de Matos Nogueira" <nogueira from ib.usp.br> 18/06/2009
10:57 p.m. >>>

Dear anelideans

Because of my review of Terebellidae with Pat Hutchings, I am trying to
study the type material or material from the type locality (West Indies)
of Pseudothelepus oligocirrus (Schmarda, 1861, as Sabellides
oligocirra).
Does anyone know where Schmarda's material was deposited (if it ever
was...)?

--

 Geoff Read <g.read from niwa.co.nz>
  http://www.annelida.net/