[Annelida] Fwd: Marphysa sanguinea life history

Geoff Read via annelida%40net.bio.net (by g.read from niwa.co.nz)
Sun May 3 15:28:00 EST 2009

The Channel islands are near the type locality of Marphysa sanguinea which is the Cornwall coast. Just to remind that Hutchings & Karageorgopoulos 2003 has valuable info on M. sanguinea. The second author had at the time done a reproductive biology study of the species in the UK, but I do not know if it is published somewhere. Pat may have further info - pat.hutchings from austmus.gov.au

Hutchings, P. A. ; Karageorgopoulos, P. 2003:  Designation of a neotype of Marphysa sanguinea (Montagu, 1813) and a description of a new species of Marphysa from eastern Australia.  Hydrobiologia 496(1-3): 87-94.

Geoff

--

 Geoff Read <g.read from niwa.co.nz>
  http://www.annelida.net/