[Annelida] Stefano delle Chiaje ONLINE

Joao Gil via annelida%40net.bio.net (by gil from ceab.csic.es)
Tue May 26 13:25:42 EST 2009

I don’t know how many of you were waiting for this moment, or how many of
you were already aware, but the works by Stephano delle Chiaje are finally
available online, through Biodiversity Heritage Library and/or Internet
Archive. I did the links below to the BHL, but then I found that at this
very moment there are some problems with this site. However Internet Archive
is working correctly.

The works are:

Descrizione e notomia degli animali invertebrati della Sicilia citeriore
osservati vivi negli anni 1822-1830 (Volumes 1-8)
(Naples, 1841-1844)

link (BHL): http://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/bibliography/10031

Istituzioni di anatomia e fisiologia comparativa.
(Naples, 1832)

link (BHL): http://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/bibliography/10150

Memorie sulla storia e notomia degli animali senza vertebre del regno di
Napoli (Volumes 1-4 + plates)
(Napoles, 1823-1829)

link (BHL): http://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/bibliography/10021

The publication dates of these works (or plates) can be a little tricky, and
there is a little of disagreement in relation to some of them, but you can
find some guidance and help at the following papers:

Alós, C, J. Laborda, J. Núñez, J. Parapar, C. Besteiro, J. Moreira, G. San
Martín & M.A. Alonso-Zarazaga. 2004. Apéndice 1. Nomenclatura: lista de
sinónimos y combinaciones. In: Ramos, M.A., J. Alba, X. Bellés, J. Gosálbez,
A. Guerra, E. Macpherson, J. Serrano & J. Templado (Eds.). Annelida
Polychaeta I. Museo Nacional de Ciencias Naturales, CSIC, Madrid. Fauna
Ibérica, 25: 495-521. (see pages 518-520).

Muir, A.I. 1989. Species of the genus Sigalion (Annelida: Polychaeta)
reported from the north-west European waters, with a note on the authorship
of the generic name. Cahiers de Biologie Marine, 30: 339-345.

Zibrowius, H. 1972. Mise au point sur les espèces Méditerranéennes de
Serpulidae (Annelida Polychaeta) décrites par Stefano delle Chiaje
(1822-1829, 1841-1844) et Oronzio Gabriele Costa (1861). Téthys, 4 (1):

I hope this can help.

All the best,

João Gil

Carrer d'accés a la Cala Sant Francesc, 14

Email: gil from ceab.csic.es

Telef. (34) 972.33.61.01

Fax: (34) 972.33.78.06