[Annelida] Paradoneis

eduardo.lopez from uam.es via annelida%40net.bio.net (by eduardo.lopez from uam.es)
Thu Sep 10 03:12:12 EST 2009

Hi Brian,

I'm sure your specimens don't belong to Aricidea belgicae (Fauvel,
1936). After revising  quite a lot of Antarctic specimens none
possessed forked notochaetae. I made a redescription of this species
in PBSW, and the diagnostic characters dont' fit your taxon. It must
be noted that neither the original description of Paraonis belgicae by
Fauvel, nor the redescription provided by Hartley (1981) based on the
type series (currently lost) mentioned any kind of furcate chaetae.

All the best

Eduardo LÓPEZ