[Annelida] help with Polycirrus and Polydora/Dipolydora keys

Barbara Mikac via annelida%40net.bio.net (by barbara.mikac from cim.irb.hr)
Wed Sep 23 08:00:10 EST 2009

Dear colleagues,

Can some of you recommend me some good/available papers/keys for the
determination of the genus Polycirrus and Poldora/Dipolydora? I find it
very difficult for determination and didn't manage to do it with the
help of the scarce literature that I have.
I need to determine species coming from the Adriatic Sea (Polycirrus
species in the Adriatic Sea are: P. aurantiacus, P. haematodes, P.
pallidus, P. tenuisetis; Polydora species in the Adriatic are: P.
ciliata and P. hoplura; Dipolydora are: D. armata, D. caeca, D. flava
and D. quadrilobata).
Most of my Polycirrus species have pinnate notochaetae.

Many thanks for your help,
and greetings from Rovinj

Barbara Mikac, M.Sc
Marine Research Centre