[Annelida] Worms inhabiting Pectinariidae tubes

Daniel Martin Sintes via annelida%40net.bio.net (by dani from ceab.csic.es)
Wed Dec 1 03:52:57 EST 2010

Dear all,

I agree with Gisele in that the worm seems to be a sipunculid belonging
to the genus Phascolion. I have sent to Christina a drawing of one of
these worms and a picture (follow the link below if you like to see it)
where it is possible to distinguish the series of dermal hooks often
present in these species, which seems also to be present in these
"squatting" worms. Cheers, Dani.

http://www.ceab.csic.es/~dani/sipunculid2.pdf

--
Dr. Daniel Martin

Scientific Researcher
Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas (CSIC)

Director
Centre d'Estudis Avancats de Blanes (CEAB)

->  Carrer d'acces a la Cala Sant Francesc 14
->  17300 Blanes (Girona), Catalunya (Spain)
->  Tel: (34) 972336101
->  Fax: (34) 972337806
->  WWW Institutional: http://www.ceab.csic.es
->  WWW Personal:      http://www.ceab.csic.es/~dani/