[Annelida] WG: McIntosh 1915 figures spionids

Geoff Read via annelida%40net.bio.net (by g.read from niwa.co.nz)
Thu May 6 15:57:43 EST 2010

If anyone fancies owning the beautiful original printing and have the
$$$$$$$, there are right now at least a couple of original McIntosh vols
for sale on Abe books network, including the spionids volume with the
part II plates.

At last look the only freely downloadable digitised volume of the full
set is the first volume.
http://www.archive.org/details/monographofbriti01mcin

On bookseller sites now you will also see offers of print on demand
scanned OCR copies of McIntosh as a 'new book' for sale. I would be wary
of those versions.

Geoff

1. A MONOGRAPH OF THE BRITISH ANNELIDS. Vol. III Part I - Text [and]
Part II -
Plates. Polychaeta. Opheliidae to Ammocharidae.,
McIntosh, William Carmichael.
The Ray Society: London., 1915,  , SCIENCE (ANNELIDS), 24 full page
plates, 14.5 x
10.5, patterned library cloth, 368 pp with index, errata slip bound in,
covers
moderataly worn and darkened, ex-lib with minimal markings, extremities
bumped and
fraying, hinges loose, contents edge-toned, prints unmarked.
Bookseller: John K King Used & Rare Books, Detroit, MI
Price: US$ 201.25

View or Order this Book:
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/ListingDetails?bi=2607272673&cm_ven=nl&cm_cat=trg&cm_pla=want&cm_ite=viewbook

2. A MONOGRAPH OF THE BRITISH MARINE ANNELIDS. Vol. IV. Polychaeta -
Hermellidae to
Serpulidae.,
McIntosh, William Carmichael.
The Ray Society: London. -1923, 1922,  , SCIENCE (ANNELIDS), 14 full
page plates,
14.5 x 10.5, patterned library cloth, 251-538 + one page "collation,"

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/ListingDetails?bi=2607272670&cm_ven=nl&cm_cat=trg&cm_pla=want&cm_ite=viewbook

>>> On 29/04/2010 at 6:21 p.m., "Karin Meissner"
<karin.meissner from uni-hamburg.de>
wrote:
> Dear all, thanks a lot, I got a reply regarding the McIntosh figures
from
> several people. Thanks a lot!! See you all in Lecce, Karin

Ammocharidae.

> I am looking for a while already urgently for the part II with the
figures
> (especially the spionids) to this volume. Our library has given up
> meanwhile.
>
> Can anybody of you help?
>
> Thank you very much in advance, Karin

NIWA is the trading name of the National Institute of Water &
Atmospheric Research Ltd.