[Annelida] Morphology of terebelliforms - Nogueira et al.

Joao Miguel de Matos Nogueira via annelida%40net.bio.net (by nogueira from ib.usp.br)
Tue May 18 11:18:47 EST 2010

Dear Geoff
Thanks a lot for announcing our paper in the Annelida list.
However, the version attached to the link below has a poor resolution of the
plates. It is about 8 Mb, when the pdf file we have is 25 Mb.
I cannot give the link here, because Zootaxa wouldn't like that... but I can
send it to everyone who is interested on it.
Best regards
João

On Tue, 18 May 2010 18:33:31 +1200, Geoff Read wrote
> Reporting new literature - monograph
>
> Nogueira, J.M.De M.; Hutchings, P.A.; Fukuda, M.V. (2010). Morphology
> of terebelliform polychaetes (Annelida: Polychaeta: Terebelliformia),
> with a focus on Terebellidae. Zootaxa 2460: [UTF-8?]1–185.
>
> Abstract. The morphology of terebelliform polychaetes was
> investigated for a phylogenetic study focused on Terebellidae. For
> this study, specimens belonging to 147 taxa, preferably type
> material or specimens from type localities or areas close to them,
> were examined under stereo, light and scanning electron microscopes.
> The taxa examined were 1 Pectinariidae, 2 Ampharetidae, 2
> Alvinellidae, 8 Trichobranchidae, and 134 Terebellidae, which
> included 8 Polycirrinae, 15 Thelepodinae, and 111 Terebellinae. A
> comparison of the morphology, including prostomium, peristomium,
> anterior segments and lobes, branchiae, glandular venter, nephridial
> and genital papillae, notopodia and notochaetae, neuropodia and
> neurochaetae, and posterior end, was made of all the currently
> recognized families of terebelliform polychaetes, with special emphasis
> on Terebellidae. A discussion of the characters useful to distinguish
> between genera is given. This character set will be used in a subsequent
> phylogenetic study (Nogueira & Hutchings in prep.).
>
> Reprint requests
> Departamento de Zoologia, Instituto de Biociências, Universidade de
> São Paulo, Rua do Matão, travessa 14, n. 101, 05508-900, São
> Paulo, SP, Brazil, e-mail: nogueira from ib.usp.br The Australian Museum,
> 6 College Street, Sydney, 2010, NSW, Australia, e-mail:
> pat.hutchings from austmus.gov.au
>
> Preview online
> http://www.mapress.com/zootaxa/2010/f/z02460p185f.pdf
>
> Publication date
>
> NIWA is the trading name of the National Institute of Water &
> Atmospheric Research Ltd.

Prof. Dr João Miguel de Matos Nogueira
Departamento de Zoologia
Instituto de Biociencias - USP