[Annelida] Worms inhabiting Pectinariidae tubes

Karlen, David via annelida%40net.bio.net (by Karlen from epchc.org)
Tue Nov 30 15:23:06 EST 2010

Hi Christy,

My best guess is a sipunculid. We usually find them in gastropod shells, but I would think a discarded pectinariid tube would make a nice home too.

Take care,

Dave

David J. Karlen, General Manager I
Environmental Monitoring Section/Benthic Monitoring Program
Water Management Division
Environmental Protection Commission of Hillsborough County
3629 Queen Palm Drive
Tampa, FL  33619-1309

Phone: (813) 627-2600 x1202
Fax: (813) 627-2650
email: karlen from epchc.org

Environmental Protection Commission of Hillsborough County
An agency with values of environmental stewardship, integrity, honesty, and a culture of fairness and cooperation

Mission: To protect the natural resources of Hillsborough County through local control and regulation of activities that may cause pollution

Vision: To provide enhanced natural resource protection using sound science and technology in an effective and efficient manner