[Annelida] Find information about Platynereis coccinea

Geoff Read via annelida%40net.bio.net (by g.read from niwa.co.nz)
Sun Oct 24 02:58:59 EST 2010

Hello João,

Platynereis coccinea (delle Chiaje) is a valid name. You can see its
taxonomic history at WoRMS:

Be sure to check the links to its earlier names Spio coccineus, and
Nereis coccinea.
Claparède 1868 has probably the first detailed description.

It seems to be a distinctive Platynereis.
A modern description is in Vieitez et al. (2004:324) Fauna Iberica vol

>>> On 23/10/2010 at 12:19 a.m., João Garcês<jgarces from ipimar.pt> wrote:
> Hello everyone
> I have a problem. I can not find any information regarding this worm
> Platynereis coccinea. Does it still exist? Does it have another name
> I would be very grateful for any help. Thank you in advance for your

> João Garcês
> _____________________
> João Pedro Garcês
> Instituto Português de Investigação Maritima (L-IPIMAR )
> Email.  <mailto:jgarces from ipimar.pt> jgarces from ipimar.pt
> *Portuguese Fisheries and Sea Research Institute
> Tel.:      Direct(+351) 213027089
> Exchange (+351) 213027000
> FAX: (+351) 213015948
> Mail:     L-IPIMAR
> Av. Brasilia, s/n
> 1400-038 Lisboa Portugal

NIWA is the trading name of the National Institute of Water &
Atmospheric Research Ltd.