[Annelida] Caribbean polychaete worm, syllid

Cindy Abgarian via annelida%40net.bio.net (by cgills from comcast.net)
Thu Dec 8 19:48:47 EST 2011

Hi,

Fellow avid macro divers and myself found this polychaete worms on a
somewhat regular basis this past winter in the waters surrounding Grand
Cayman, BWI. It was always seen on hard corals, and most common on  Great
Star Coral /Montastraea cavernosa. It appeared to come on to the coral to
eat from individual polyps , and when disturbed, would retreat off the coral
into the surrounding substrate.We were finding it in depths of 35 ft and
deeper,with it measuring perhaps 20-30mm/ 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch  in length.
 Does anyone have any more information on this worm they might be willing to
share?
Also in the same gallery, I have photographs of what I have been told is a
solenogastre. Any more information on it as well would be sincerely
appreciated.

http://cgills.smugmug
com/Underwater/Cayman-Winter-2011/16639944_nRpk39#1623049896_k89zLzb

Thank you for your time and interest.

Cynthia Abgarian