PS Re: [Annelida] Collection localities by Schmarda (1861)

Geoff Read via annelida%40net.bio.net (by g.read from niwa.co.nz)
Mon Feb 7 03:25:04 EST 2011

Actually volume 3 of Schmarda's  travels (I came upon only vol 3) is digitised on google books, so you all can see what I mean about readability.
Hopefully not so much a problem for German nationals.
The ornate capitals look stylish, but probably will not ocr very well automatically.

http://books.google.com/books?id=0mNCAAAAcAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=Ludwig+K.+Schmarda%27s+Reise+um+die+Erde+in+den+Jahren+1853-1857

One can download the pdf freely, but the version one gets isn't ocr'd.

I'd be interested to hear if any useful information is found.

Geoff