[Annelida] Potamilla torelli?

Alexander Muir via annelida%40net.bio.net (by a.muir from nhm.ac.uk)
Mon Jan 10 06:46:44 EST 2011

Hi Godfried,

            The species Potamilla torelli is not listed in Glasby, C.J.,
Timm, T., Muir, A.I. & Gil, J., 2009. Catalogue of non-marine Polychaeta
(Annelida) of the world. Zootaxa 2070: 1-52.

The species Potamilla leptochaeta (from India and Vietnam) is listed,
but does not fit your description (6 thoracic chaetigers, 4 branchiae on
right and 5 on left). Unfortunately, I do not know of a complete
revision/key for the genus.

Best wishes,

             Alex Muir.

Mr. A.I. Muir, Nematode and Polychaete Research Group, Department of
Zoology, The Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, South Kensington,
LONDON SW7 5BD, UNITED KINGDOM

Tel: +44 (0)20 7942 5567     Fax: +44 (0)20 7942 5054

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/research-curation/staff-directory/zoology/a-muir/in
dex.html