[Annelida] Potamilla torelli?

Alexander Muir via annelida%40net.bio.net (by a.muir from nhm.ac.uk)
Mon Jan 10 06:46:44 EST 2011

Hi Godfried,

            The species Potamilla torelli is not listed in Glasby, C.J.,
Timm, T., Muir, A.I. & Gil, J., 2009. Catalogue of non-marine Polychaeta
(Annelida) of the world. Zootaxa 2070: 1-52.

The species Potamilla leptochaeta (from India and Vietnam) is listed,
but does not fit your description (6 thoracic chaetigers, 4 branchiae on
right and 5 on left). Unfortunately, I do not know of a complete
revision/key for the genus.

Best wishes,

             Alex Muir.

Mr. A.I. Muir, Nematode and Polychaete Research Group, Department of
Zoology, The Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, South Kensington,

Tel: +44 (0)20 7942 5567     Fax: +44 (0)20 7942 5054