[Annelida] about terebellids

Rossana Sanfilippo via annelida%40net.bio.net (by sanfiros from unict.it)
Tue Jan 18 04:36:44 EST 2011

Dear colleagues,
I am observing from some acquarium experiments that after a few time some terebellids  started to develop. In the mean time, some associated pre-existent sessile organisms  of the community (serpulids, corals, .), seem to suffer owing to the feeding activity of such terebellids which extend continuously their tentacles, probably causing a certain disturbance.
I was hoping someone might give some infornation about competition relations from terebellid species and other organisms. I did not found significative literature except for Wilson (1991).

Thanks so much for any insights, very appreciated!
I would like to know your opinion and experience.
Thank you
Best regards
Rossana Sanfilippo

Dr. Rossana Sanfilippo