[Annelida] Bring the earthworms alive and preserve them for further study-reg.

Muthu Kumar via annelida%40net.bio.net (by smkumar.nmc from gmail.com)
Mon Jul 11 05:28:41 EST 2011

Dear Annelidans,

Good evening.

I am Muthukumar from India, doing research on earthworms diversity. Anybody
can send me the methods to bring the earthworms alive from forest? and how
to rear the forest earthworms in laboratory conditions? The earthworms i am
studying is belonging to geophagous, so is it possible to rear them in
laboratory conditions with artificial feed? And one more help can you please
send me that how to preserve the earthwotrms in field itself for dissection
and permanent storage? Thanking you.

Ph. D. Researcher
Research Dept. of Zoology
Nehru Memorial College (A)