[Annelida] Paraonidae key needed

Alexander Muir via annelida%40net.bio.net (by a.muir from nhm.ac.uk)
Thu Sep 22 05:11:37 EST 2011

Hi Barbara!

Some references which might be useful to you (Update for Animal Identification. A reference guide. Volume 1: Marine and Brackish Water Animals):

Giere, O; Ebbe, B & Erséus, C 2007. Questa (Annelida, Polychaeta, Orbiniidae) from Pacific regions – new species and reassessment of the genus Periquesta. Organisms, Diversity & Evolution 7(4):304-319.

Questidae sunk into Orbiniidae. Periquesta a junior synonym of Levinsenia (Paraonidae)

Strelzov, V E 1979. Polychaete worms of the family Paraonidae Cerruti (Polychaeta, Sedentaria). New Delhi. Amerind Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd. 212pp.

Aguirrezabalaga, F & Gil, J 2009. Paraonidae (Polychaeta) from the Capbreton Canyon (Bay of Biscay, NE Atlantic) with the description of eight new species. Scientia Marina 73(4):631-666.

Tables of characters of Levinsenia, Paradoneis and Aricidea (Allia) species

Çinar, M E; Dagli, E & Açik, S 2011. Annelids (Polychaeta and Oligochaeta) from the Sea of Marmara, with descriptions of five new species. Journal of Natural History 45(33-36):2105-2143.

Key to Levinsenia species of the world, including four new species

Aguirrezabalaga, F & Gil, J 2008. Paraonidae (Annelida: Polychaeta) of the inlet of Zarautz (Basque coast, Bay of Biscay), with new records from the Atlantic and the Iberian coasts. Cah. Biol. Mar. 49(1):37-57.

Laubier‚ L & Ramos‚ J 1974. Paraonidae (polychètes sédentaires) de Méditerranée. Bull. Mus. natn. Hist. nat. Paris Sér. 3 168(1973):1097-1148.

Sardá, R, Gil, J, Taboada, S & Gili, J M 2009. Polychaete species captured in sediment traps moored in northwestern Mediterranean submarine canyons. Zool. J. Linn. Soc. 155(1):1-21.

Aricidea (Allia) longisetosa, Paradoneis hirsuta, Ophelina margaleffi, Exogone (Parexogone) canyonincolae spp. nov. described. Tables of characters of species of Aricidea (Allia) and Paradoneis.

Katzmann‚ W & Laubier‚ L 1975. Paraonidae (Polychètes sédentaires) de l'Adriatique. Annln. naturh. Mus. Wien 79:567-588.

Simboura, N & Nicolaidou, A 2001. The polychaetes (Annelida, Polychaeta) of Greece: checklist, distribution and ecological characteristics. Monogr. Mar. Sci. 4:1-115.

Hope they help!

               Alex

Mr. A.I. Muir, Nematode and Polychaete Research Group, Department of Zoology, The Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, South Kensington, LONDON SW7 5BD, UNITED KINGDOM

Tel: +44 (0)20 7942 5567     Fax: +44 (0)20 7942 5054

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/research-curation/staff-directory/zoology/a-muir/index.html