[Annelida] Identification of intertidal sandy shore fauna - India

Naveen Namboodiri via annelida%40net.bio.net (by naveen.namboo from gmail.com)
Fri Apr 20 05:51:45 EST 2012

Dear all,

Greetings from India. I am a post-doctoral fellow at the Centre for
Ecological Sciences, Indian Institute of Science, India. I have recently
helped initiate a project that tries to understand species distribution at
a macro-scale level (latitudinal gradients) of intertidal sandy beach
macrofauna along the Indian coasts.

In my samples, we do come across a lot of polychaetes, oligocheates,
archiannelids etc. Currently we are looking at patterns on a very coarse
taxonomic magnification. However, we would like to use the opportunity to
work on the intertidal worms of I am currently exploring options with
institutions/individuals who would be interested to collaborate on the
taxonomy of these groups.

In addition, I would really appreciate getting some direction/pointers on
publications that deal with the above mentioned groups both at a broad
taxonomic scale and also at a species level. Are there comprehensive guides
to the polychaetes/archiannelids/oligochaetes of the Indo-Pacific?

Thanks for the help.

Best,
Naveen.

Naveen Namboothri