[Annelida] Ophelia remanei

Geoff Read via annelida%40net.bio.net (by Geoffrey.Read from niwa.co.nz)
Wed Feb 22 15:59:12 EST 2012

I have a related question.  Hartmann-Schröder (1971 book) apparently newly synonymised both O. remanei and O. cluthensis into O. rathkei. These synonymy assertions are not implemented in WoRMS. I would guess little or no explanation was given in 1971 (I have only the 1996 book at hand).  Are these synonymies regarded as likely correct, or supported by other works?

Geoff