[Annelida] Apomatus timsii Pixell, 1912

Reuscher, Michael via annelida%40net.bio.net (by Michael.Reuscher from tamucc.edu)
Mon Nov 10 14:24:56 EST 2014

Hello everyone,

I am trying to locate the publication, in which the serpulid species Apomatus timsii Pixell, 1912 has been synonymized.

According to the WoRMS database, it is a subjective junior synonym of A. geniculatus (Moore & Bush, 1904). I found the species mentioned as a junior synonym of A. geniculatus in ten Hove & Kupriyanova (2009). However, the synonymy is not discussed in this paper, but merely appears in a list. Therefore, I assume that it is not the original source of the synonymy.

I would be grateful for any hint!

Michael

Michael Reuscher, Ph.D.
Harte Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
6300 Ocean Drive, Unit 5869
Corpus Christi, Texas 78412-5869
U.S.A.